Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Techno Journey

I started this master’s course with very little if none or any skills related to using technology. Even as I type, I am a two fingered typist so writing takes time for me. One of the cohorts showed me how to download a typing program which I eagerly did. Now I forgot where I downloaded to…mmm, I think I put it in my e-mail. Anyways, my plan is to teach myself how to type. Any problems that I encounter in my life, this is how I approach them. I would rather be in the solution than stay in the problem. I am much happier and more satisfied with myself when I apply that philosophy.

With that, here are my other limitations.

I do not surf the internet because that technology is foreign to me. I do check my e-mail at work and can respond to people generally. However, I am very technologically challenged.

My journey began with getting into cyberspace which I mistakenly called hyperspace. Hyperspace apparently is where star trek and star wars takes place. Learning the technology and the names is a big part of my journey. The other thing I should mention is that I am having fun with all this and my fear of breaking something isn’t so prevalent any more.

Pebaam

2 Comments:

Blogger Nora Livesay said...

Don't you think hyperspace would be just as disorienting though? I personally could never figure out the way they kept track of time/date as in "Captain's Log, 481967" or how they measured geographic location by some sort of quadrant longitude/latitude on Star Trek. I like that I can look at the address bar on the web, and know where I am, and the clock at the bottom of the screen reminds me how much time I have wasted looking at different website.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Pebaam said...

Nora and Chad,

this is star date....just kidding.

Cyberspace, hyperspace, inner space...it seems to me it should take up some space anyways yet it doesn't...mmmm. I might have to go fasting to figure out the riddle to that one.

GPS...I want one of those when I grow up...question now is if I grow up? Looking forward to your icefishing story.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home