Saturday, October 14, 2006

Techno savy bush Shinaab

I gotta tell you guys this...I am so excited.

Well first it is Saturday and I am reflecting back on my week and thinking about my techno journey assignment. On Tuesday I used technology to run a language table. (I know, I know....how brave of me)
I had my lap top booted up and I was projecting with a Proxima projector. (I sound so cool knowing what to call it) I was showing video clips from a CD Rom, running a slide presentation from pictures I took on my digital camera, delivering a language lesson and showcasing a langauge booklet that I have been working on. I was so impressed with myself that I just felt so techno savy. (then I saw Nora's blog....aaay) I thought to myself, not bad for a bush Indian.
That experience prompted me and encouraged me to try using technology to teach with. So I did. My lap top was hooked up in the classroom and I was projecting on the screen, my lesson. Wow I thought to myself. I went from the 20th century to the 21st century at the speed of light or whorp speed at the least. I was using my two fingers to type with and using a laser pointer to highlight various aspects of the lecture. Being able to do that, I decided that I would like to put all my lectures on the lap top and learn other programs like power point (I know everyone knows power point but not me...)
I also bought myself a little flash drive and it is like carry around a little pocket computer. That little thing can carry so much, like pictures, documents...and then it was filled up. I quickly realized then that it could only carry so much.

So far this is what I have learned on my techno journey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Wow! Pebaam!!
you are certainly using the e-force,,for good!!
making quantum e-leaps!!
What is the booklet you are working on??

7:56 PM  
Blogger Pebaam said...

"be good to yourself therapy" is the name of the booklet with a lot of self help phrases in there.
If I knew how to post it, I would...Maybe that will be my homework

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home